To color the croissants, use one of the following methods:
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Color each one color of the rainbow. Powdered colors are best.
- Laminate each color of dough separately.
- Once laminated sheet to 5mm and stack. Continue with standard croissant shaping.
- Sheet colored doughs down to 3mm and cut into equal rectangular portions.
- Layer these (overlapping slightly) over laminated croissant dough (sheeted to 10mm).
- Continue to sheet and shape as usual.
- This gives the rainbow effect on the top of the finished croissant but not inside.